Saturday, February 5, 2011

THE INDIA POST (11)

5:30pm India time, 6:00am TX time, noon London time  Jan. 23, 2011

Landing in London in about 10 minutes.  Legitimately ready to be home.  Miserable sleepless flight...  Lots of music and a little Bollywood, but very little sleep.  I'm sure I napped a little, and maybe the resting time counts as some rejuvenation, but it can't be much.  I really just want to connect on through to home...

God, please work on the hearts on this trip.  I think we're now tempted to forget that we're still on mission for You.  Satan has found a foothold in our sleeplessness and weariness.  He has been working overtime these past few days (or we've been working undertime...). Complaints, pride, gossip, bad attitudes... not to mention that we seem to have all forgotten at least a little of the lives we led for 5 days in India.  Otherwise how could all this have crept in?

There are some MISERABLE babies on this plane.  Descent is clearly not their faves.  I missed a meal because I was trying to pretend I was napping to make me actually nap.  So now I'm hungry and tired.  Game plan--food and contact Chelsea and Willie T.  I just need some wifi!  And some munchies so I can take my malaria medication!  All will be well... I'll find a second wind after some food and I'll get to bed early tonight.  And tomorrow I"ll see my dear home people!  Jared and Sydney and Alyssa and Ehleshea and Meg and Baggy...

God, bless each member of this team with an amazing reentry story.  Pour out your love and grace on every single person, and help us to better understand our purposes on earth by thinking on this incredible experience.  Guide us to help us not to forget WHO sent us, WHY we were sent, and WHAT we learned in the process.  Bless our tongues while we talk about the experience, and lead us in prayer to show us what the life implications of this trip should ultimately be for us.  Help me to figure out how to talk about the changes in my life with grace and love.  That's not my strong suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment