Saturday, February 5, 2011

THE INDIA POST (10)

5:00pm Jan. 22, 2011

Just got done playing duck-duck-goose with about 20-25 kids at Native.  This was my favorite camp, closely followed by "Tight Squeeze Village" and Kalubavi (with the sisters).  The age that I was playing with today was just SO MUCH FUN!  I love 7-13 year-olds.  They're my jam.  Younger is great too, but every time I get done playing with a group of 10-year-olds, it feels so amazing.  I'm exhausted, but glowing.

Hah!  We just passed a sketchy looking "poultry disease diagnostics lab" and an "export reject sale."  I feel like every flat surface here is advertising something or being used to sell something directly, but none of it is very successful.  I've gotten so used to this place.  It sounds, smells, tastes, looks, and feels normal.  The warm brown complexions and sarees and bellbottom pants have become familiar.  I love it.  I don't want to return to lukewarm Christians.  I hate that.  Christians here are real.  They mean it.  They have the light and they share it.  They're answering the call, praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment