Monday, May 3, 2010

Salmon

Dude.

I just ate the best salmon I think I've ever had.

I love salmon. In all it's many shapes and forms. This statement is a big deal.

I adjusted the recipe to be just for me (in related news, my gentleman caller is coming back THIS WEEK and I'm brilliantly excited), so mine didn't quite look like this [ahem--it looked better, but I ate it quickly so my camera missed it], but here is the salmon with sesame ginger glaze recipe:



•¼ c packed brown sugar
•2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
•1 Tbsp grated fresh or 1 tsp ground ginger (don't skimp here. This stuff is gold)
•1 Tbsp sesame seeds
•4 6-oz wild Pacific salmon fillets, about 1" thick, skinned
•½ tsp salt
•½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

1. Coat rack of baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat broiler.
2. In small bowl, combine sugar, mustard, sesame seeds and ginger. Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper. Place salmon on broiler rack and brush glaze on top. Broil (6" from heat) 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is lightly browned.

Fun fact, parchment paper does not like the broiling thing. Don't try it. Just trust me. Also, why do they say 6-oz salmon fillets? Half a pound is 8 oz. Why would they mess with me like that? Is 6 oz of salmon a serving and I've been a 2-oz-over fatty for all this time? Not that I'm exactly a stickler for servings *cough cough* chocolate *cough*. I just like recipes to make good sense.

When I get the hiccups, I have them for a day. Sometimes for multiple days. I'm not necessarily hiccupping all day long, but they come and go for at least one day, usually more. So I woke up this morning with a hiccupping fit and they've been gracing my presence all day.

AND I have 2 finals tomorrow. Oh dear sweet Jesus....

No comments:

Post a Comment