Thursday, April 15, 2010

Too much in my head

There's too much bouncing around between my left ear and my right ear. I'd like a place to put it all down in a coherent form! I have my journal, which is fantastic for me, and I have facebook, which I've decided is eating my life in a mildly destructive manner, but I want to share these things with others in a format that those don't allow. And xanga is SO 2005.

Ok. So I need to tell you, my single lonely reader, what the purpose of this blog is. This is where I will speak, unabashedly, about things of this strange, beautiful, broken world. Ideas will take root and sprout here (hopefully both mine and yours). Things in my life will be deconstructed and simplified, adding a teaspoon of humor and just a dash of exaggeration, when appropriate, of course.

You see, I want to learn to enjoy writing. I shouldn't tell you this, but I'm actually procrastinating a bit with the very creation of this blog. I should be writing any one of three research papers that are due between next Tuesday and 5:00 on the first Thursday in May. Which is, by the way, 20 days, 18 hours, and 30 minutes away. Approximately.

Mkay. So things for YOU to look forward to in posts from ME:
- discussion on cool provacative old photos
- fascinating deconstruction of evangelical dating do's and don't's (a research paper topic)
- my idea for the perfect retirement home (yes, I'm 20. Can't start thinkin' about that too soon)
- excitement and photos from the inner workings of the upcoming Trinity Shakespeare Festival
- I'm an avid people watcher. You'd better believe that some of those fun observations will be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment