Monday, January 31, 2011

THE INDIA POST (4)

11:20pm Jan 16, 2011

Dear Bloggers,

DEFINITELY in another country now.  We drove for 6 hours south to Adoni (ah- DOH- NEE) on a crazy bumpy bus ride.  We've been stationary for 3 hours, but my body is still vibrating.  We're staying in what is probably the nicest hotel in town.  Running water, toilet, clean top sheet and towels, and AC units.  By western standards, this place is 100% shit.  By local standards, we're big-timing it. 

There's totally a donkey braying outside.

I AM DEFINITELY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!  This is my kind of adventure, honestly.  Despite how careful I have to be with water and despite some severe discomfort experienced when seeing that bathroom, I love this.  I love the food, the friendly helpful people, the blessed amount of sleep I'm getting, my awesome roommate, the funny honking... I just feel deep down that I was made to come here to glorify the Maker, and He gave me the personality tools and tricks to get the most out of it.  Praise God.

Sleepytime now!  Getting up at 6:30, breakfast at 7, leaving at 7:30 for village #1!  I'm excited and a little nervous.  I hope love really does cross language barriers as easily as they say...

LOVE,
Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment