Thursday, January 13, 2011

Date of Departure

Wow. That's today. In a few short hours I take off on the last leg of this little journey that God set out before me in 2009. He planned it all and revealed it to me, moment by moment. The preparation has involved passion, doubt, encouragement, personal challenges, amazement, tears of all kinds, trust, and hope, just like all good journeys. Every step of the way was necessary, there were no mistakes. Those that I may be tempted to perceive as flaw are actually lessons and foreshadowing.

God's hand has been all over this, and let's all toss up a thank you for THAT. Cole would not be in such ship shape if God hadn't had this 100% under control.

If my secret donor is keeping up with my blog, I want to thank you yet again. You are such a blessing, not just for giving (though you certainly did that--thank you), but also for adding more layers of depth to this journey. Someone who loves the Lord is rooting for me, supporting me, asking for no recognition. A brother or sister in Christ is quietly encouraging me through this trip, but I don't know who that person is! How stunning.

If my dear family and friends who have given to or prayed for this trip are reading, I just want you all to know that my heart beats faster and my eyes fill with tears when I think of the overwhelming mass of support that I know I have. Kinda makes me think of the Verizon network commercials. That's yall. I'm just the goofball on the phone saying, "can you hear me now?"

I hope I'll have internet access over there. If not, I'll still be journaling, and there will be a big update when I get back. Hopefully it won't involve sickness haha.

I'll be packing for the next 3 hours if you want to shoot me a text! However, don't try to call me while I'm there. Ain't gonna happen. Expeeeeensive. I'll be calling home on a special team phone, so no worries, I'll be letting SOMEBODY know I'm alive, well, and glorifying Christ.

I love you. YOU stay safe and healthy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment