Friday, December 31, 2010

Yep! A New Years Eve Post!

What a year, eh?  Round of applause for 2010, everybody!  Yeeeeaaah!

*cricket cricket*

Ok, so it was kinda hard.  I had a feeling this time last year that it would be--not really sure why.  I think God was preparing me.  School nearly killed me, but it was good.  Relationships were difficult, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I kinda felt like I plowed through the year, head down, working really stinkin' hard to power through it.  But ya know what, folks?  :)  We did it.  Here we are!  We made it through the end of the year!!!  Take off your coat and stay awhile!  (cue music)  We're gonna party like it's 1999! 

PS, I was 9 and a half in 1999.  If I partied like it was 1999, that party would be all kinds of awkward.

I didn't make a new years resolution for 2010, per say, but I did make a list of things I could accomplish (I did this to get me excited about the year--mildly successful!).  Considering how freaking ambitious that list was, I did pretty darn well!  We won't get into all of that, but it includes things like "learn a new knitting trick" and "fill at least half of my journal" (both of which I did!).

TCU is in the Rose Bowl tomorrow, and there's more purple flowing than I think is really possible.  So the new years shindig that I'm going to is Rose Bowl themed, and I'll be taking "badger-in-a-blanket"s.  Because pig-in-a-blanket's are classic football food, and because the Horned Frogs are going to eat the badgers (their mascot doesn't even get capitalization--ZING!).

Currently I'm listening to Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella from 1965 (um... the best version ever) and nursing what promises to be an awesome head cold.  I have a long list of to-do's (such as write graduation AND Christmas thank you notes), which, of course, I'm putting off until tomorrow.  And yet I'm overwhelmed with joy.  I am so flippin excited for 2011.  God has grown me and changed me so much during 2010 that I'm just plum giddy about what He has in store for me in the next year.  And I'm saying that knowing that after January 24th, I have no clue whatsoever what it's going to hold for me.  I just have a gut feeling that it's going to be really and truly fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment