Friday, September 2, 2011

How to Lose Your Passport, part 1

I typed up a long and awesome big post, complete with a reference to Tangled, only for it to be deleted before posting. Quite bummed because it may have been one of the better ones I've ever written.

Today's adventures have included, but have not been limited to:

1. Cole losing her passport.
2. Amanda flying alone to Hyderabad to meet the group, with Cole and Jared staying behind. See #1 for the reason.
3. Being totally snubbed by the American Embassy, while being warmly welcomed by British Airlines. What?
4. Snagging a sweet, safe, not too crazy expensive little room in a German YMCA right near Paddington (2 twin beds, folks. Nothing sketchy).
5. Narrowly avoiding being kicked out of a Hilton for using their swanky concierge (sp?) to help us get info.
6. The actual purchase of boingo WiFi on my phone which turns out to be the best idea all day (oh, hai, blog post and emails).
7. We have our bags. If that ain't God, I don't know what is.
8. I'm stranded in another country, but that country speaks English and is really hip. Again with the blessings.
9. DO YOU KNOW WHAT WEATHER IN LONDON IN THE SUMMER IS LIKE?? WHAT IS THIS GLORIOUS GOOD WEATHER-NESS?? UM--SHARE THE GOODNESS, ENGLAND!
10. If I'm going to be stranded in another country, I'm really glad to be stuck with someone I like a lot. Who has traveled a lot. Who is used to my mode of dealing with stressful situations (this is where the Tangled reference comes in. Manic joy and thankfulness at being in London, followed by self-loathing depression about misplacing passport, worrying my parents, potentially missing the conference, etc).

But we're safe. And we have several game plans. All of which involve us making it home eventually. Some just sooner than others. :/

So PRAY. Pray that BA finds my passport. Pray that if they don't, the processes involved in getting a new one and getting an Indian visa will be easy and smooth. Pray for continued good travel for the other women at the conference. They're amazing, and they're doing amazing things for Christ this week. I hope I get to go join them!

Love ya :) I'll update as things happen.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment