Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happiness

Today I'll be posting some pictures of things that say "happiness" to me.

There aren't a whole lot and they aren't of awesome quality because all of them are pics from my phone. Camera shots to come soon, as I am leaving for the beach in about 6 hours with a camera, a finally-emptied SD card, and a handsome beau.

Little spots of joy aren't hard for me to find.  Take this cute little black furball, for instance.

He's cute as a button.  His name is Baghera.  Or Baggy Britches.  He's named after the black panther in The Jungle Book.

That cute one with the mohawk? That's Jane at about 12 months.  That goobie one with the janky teeth? That's me at about 90 months.  I loved her then, I love her now.  I wanna be just like her when I grow up.

I love books.  Or at least I did once upon a time.  Ok, I still do, I'm just struggling to jump into reading again, even though I now have time for the first time in about 8 years.  All of these (found in my aunt and uncle's house in Memphis) make me itch to curl up for hours in a comfy chair with a big cup of tea.  Also, that chair is pretty cool.

I love this guy.  He's my favorite decorative item in the house.  He makes me giggle every time I look at it.  Fern head.  Huhuhuhu...

Ain't THIS precious.  That's my roommate, Alyssa, and her fiance, Zack.  They started playing around on the guitar a little before we went on a double date.  It was real sweet.  I love love.

Mkay first off, my jobs are awesome.  I play with precious children.  Huzzah!  Second off, this baby is one of the cutest ever.  Jane wins--always--but Anna here is pretty close.  I get to babysit her a couple of times a week.  She was especially happy the day I took this, and I couldn't resist sharing it.


This is on my desk at all times.  It's a card that my friend Sarah gave me when I was having a rough go of things last year.  You may remember this fiasco.  She gave me this super-cute-and-tailor-made-for-me card, chocolate, candles, more chocolate, spice cake, bubble bath, and a snuggie--all to make the "ugh"iness go away.  Epic success, friend.

Inside she wrote, "Stay warm, toasty, and well fed physically and spiritually--don't WORRY/STRESS (I know you!).  Remember what God told us in Matthew 6.  'Be like the lillies of the field' or in your case (and this cards case) sunflowers.  Do sunflowers stress over anything?  Nope.  God's got 'em covered, all they have to do is stretch their petals towards heaven and He blesses them... and you know God loves you even more than sunflowers."

So those are some of my at-hand images of happiness! There will be plenty more after this week, since I get to play at the beach with (get excited) Jane, Mama, Daddy, AND Jared!  WHAT??  Blessings never cease... :)

love you

No comments:

Post a Comment